Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Thanksgiving is one of the greatest holidays of all time. You eat, sleep, eat, watch football, sleep, eat, sleep. That’s pretty much the perfect day. I’m pretty thankful for it. IT also gives us time to think of what else we are thankful for, and I know we here at J Beanie, and our readers, have plenty to be thankful for. Like…
- Michigan’s football season being over.
- Watching Stephen Curry play basketball.
- Brady Quinn being out for the season so DA can play well and earn a higher draft pick in a trade.
- Mo Williams.
- Delonte West not thinking about killing himself since he is playing great basketball.
- Having LeBron James in Cleveland for at least eight more years.
- Notre Dame taking a little of the heat off Michigan.
- Ohio State not going to a BCS game.
- Mike D’Antoni saying with a straight face on PTI that the Knicks are a better team now minus Zach Randolph (a double-double guy) and Jamal Crawford (their leading scorer) than they were with them.
- Joe Paterno winning Big Ten Coach of the Year even though he doesn’t call any plays, doesn’t do any recruiting, sits in the press box without a headset and doesn’t make it to the locker room at half time.
- How Vick can plead guilty and get an early release.
- Psych’s holiday special on Friday.
- Going to NYC next weekend and seeing the real Santa Claus at Macy’s.
- GFB turning in to BIL.
- Knowing that my horrible fantasy football managing skills have led to Seal’s great season and occasional reader/never commenter Bub. (I passed up Brian Westbrook for Peyton Manning, Bub took Westbrook and traded him for AP. I trade Seal Lance Moore and Dallas Clark for Deuce McAllister and Greg Camarillo.)
- Going to Italy in September and having Scott and J fill in with what can only be the best week of Beanie ever.
- NYC Councilmen Vincent Ignizio and James Oddo. They say since Citigroup – who is paying $400 million over 20 years to the Mets for naming rights to their new filed, Citi Field – is receiving billions of dollars in a government bailout, the field name should be changed to Citi/Taxpayers Field.
- Claude Lemieux is back in hockey after five-years away, albeit in the AHL, but still. The only people who start more fights than Claude or the Roy brothers.
- While we’re at hockey, let’s give thanks to the Roy family. Patrick was a great goalie and his sons are asshole fighters playing hockey who gives us great video clips several times a year.
- Team River City going to score a major upset tonight over the two guys who left the team this year.
- Making the guys we beat buy us some beers as we celebrate Thanksgiving at River City.
- That the Cavs get to play the Oklahoma City Slickers tonight instead of a real NBA team.
- That I don’t have to eat lunch in my car.
- That my days here at work are numbered.
- That everyone makes fun of the this blog and yet they still come back for more.
- That W leads all commenters in comments and he did it in three weeks. Also thankful for W making me feel better about myself.
- That Seal’s dick isn’t 10 miles long and he won’t slap me in the face with it.
- Only 42 days until Myrtle.
- Gas is cheaper than it was four years ago.
- How Graig always seems to find the hottest pictures of college girls for his college football/basketball topic days.
- The Lions get to play every Thanksgiving. I don’t care if they suck, I love watching them play on Thursday because it makes everyone talk about Barry Sanders.
- That I’m done posting until Monday.
But before I go, I guess I should make my football predictions. Quick college picks: I’m going with upsets. Oklahoma State beats Oklahoma, Georgia Tech beats Georgia, Florida State gives Florida a great game before losing late and ND beats USC. (OK, not really on that last one, USC wins 114-to-(-3).
NFL PICKS (Last week I went 7-7 to stand at 93-71-1 on the year.)
TENNESSEE at Detroit – although if the Lions win a game this year, it makes sense for it to be on Thanksgiving.
DALLAS vs Seattle
ARIZONA at Phily
BUFFALO vs San Francisco
BALTIMORE at Cincy
INDY at Cleveland - I have a feeling there will be no more than 30,000 people at this game and we’ll see Ken Dorsey. I hope we see Ken Dorsey. Too bad the Lions signed Drew Henson before the Browns could. I think the Browns should turn this season into a “who the hell cares what happens, we are just going to play the rest of they season like a video game.” Go sign Jeff George. Let Cribbs play QB. Something to get us remotely interested.
GREEN BAY vs Carolina
MIAMI at St. Louis
TAMPA BAY vs New Orleans
NY GIANTS at Washington
ATLANTA at San Diego
NEW ENGLAND vs Pittsburgh
NY JETS vs Denver
KANSAS CITY at Oakland
MINNESOTA vs Chicago
JACKSONVILLE at Houston (in the worse non-Browns Monday Nighter of the year.)