And there it is. Who took the over/under at 9 games? Ironman Larry Hughes will miss a month, possible (more than likely) more with a, get this, bruised left leg. Really? A bruised leg? Really? That keeps you out a month? How can a professional athlete, who, supposedly is in peak physical condition be out for a month with a bruise? Did Larry just refuse to drink milk growing up? Is he some kind of scientific experiment made out of toothpicks and popsicle sticks that they brought to life? I don’t get it.
Of course, this is actually good news. I’m not complaining here. I’m glad he’s out of the lineup. He’s actually shooting negative percent from the field on his way to averaging 6.8 ppg. I don’t think he’ll be missed. Cal Ripkin’s exact opposite is exactly where he is most comfortable and were most Cavs fans like to see him anymore, on the bench and in a suit.
The Cavs host Utah tonight. Which means Carlos “I steal from the blind” Boozer is back in Cleveland. We all know Cavs fans hate him for leaving the way he did. He is one of the most hated people in Cleveland sports history. In honor of the ugliest man to put on a Cavs uniform, The Cleveland Plain Dealer came out with a list of the sports figures who have done Cleveland wrong. They rank the guy who would rip off a girl scout selling cookies door-to-door at No. 15. I’d have him higher. Here’s the PD’s list. For the full story, click here.
1. Carl Mays
2. Art Modell
3. Bill Cowher
4. Bil Belichick
5. Jose Mesa
6. Frank Lane
7. Michael Jordan
8. John Elway
9. Manny Ramirez
10. Jim Thome
11. Albert Belle
12. Rasheed Wallace
13. Pete Rose
14. Any Yankee, Steeler, Michigan Wolverine.
15. Carlos Boozer.
I would have to disagree with a lot of that list. Maybe I’m just to young to really rank the importance of some of those older guys but I have a completely different list. So some of the older things were dropped, I don’t fault Thome for leaving (the Indians weren’t going to resign him anyway as they were in a rebuilding mood then). Same with Belle and Rameriz. Who wouldn’t go to the team that offered them the most money. So they aren’t that high. But Boozer, he ask for to become a free agent to sign a bigger contract with Cleveland, the Cavs awarded him that, then he left for Utah. Now that’s a traitor. So out of those 15 players, here’s how I would have ranked them.
1. Art Modell – taking the Browns out of Cleveland is like taking gambling out of Vegas.
2. John Elway – Not once but twice denied the Browns a Super Bowl.
3. Michael Jordan – If not for him, the Cavs may have been in the Eastern Conference finals before last year.
4. Jose Mesa – Could easily be No. 3 because he blew the World Series but so did Chuck Nagy and several others.
5. Booozer – for all the reasons above
6. Rasheed Wallace – just because he is so ugly everytime I look at him I think about stabbing my eyes with a fork.
7. Any Steeler or Yankee – but not Wolverine, we’ll but Buckeye in there – mainly just because of their fans. Hate them all.
8. Carl Mays – I didn’t know about him but he actually killed a Cleveland Indian, albeit, with a pitch to the head, but still, that’s awful.
9. Bill Cower – seeing his jaw and his spit fly on TV, I swear I felt it.
10. Frank Lane – for trading Rocky Colavito.
11. Pete Rose – for ending the career of an All-Star catcher.
12. Rameriz – highest of the three because he went to Boston.
13. Belle – I love him for chasing down trick-n-treater’s and stalking his ex-wife.
14. Thome – There’s no reason for any Indians fan to hate him
15. Belichick – why is he on the list? No coach is good in his first stint as a head coach. The worse thing he did was bench aging Bernie Kosar.
So that’s my list. Other Cleveland fans have their own? Danny Ferry and Larry Hughes are to names I would add to this list very soon. Ferry, possibly twice.