Some ramblings this morning after Game 3 of the ALCS and the Rockies sweep in the NLCS.
- Jake Westbrook loves ground balls like fat kids love skipping gym class.
- Jake Westbrook loves double play balls like athletic kids love playing dodge ball with fat kids in gym class.
- I can’t believe Big Papi wasn’t agile enough to get out of the way of Manny’s ground ball.
- As glad as I am that the ALCS is on Fox so we don’t have to deal with Chip Carey’s Indians hating voice, Joe Buck and Tim McCarver are only a slight improvement.
- It was either in the second or third inning, McCarver was talking about how Jason Varitek has to use his thumb sometimes to give signals to Dice-K. “That means he has more than four pitches,” McCarver pointed out. “No, you mean more than five,” answered Buck. “No, four,” replied McCarver. After a slight pause, “Oh yeah, four,” said Buck. Now that’s good baseball analysis.
- However, I did like how they were pretty much quiet in the ninth inning and let the crowd noise speak for the situation.
- Kenny Loften could kill his ex-wife and her friend, take hostages at gun point and demand his jersey and photos back, arrange a million dollar dog fight operation, test positive for steroids, wear a Yankees hat and Red Sox T-shirt and sexually harass all female employees and still run for mayor of Cleveland and win easily. Cleveland loves his man. And why wouldn’t they. The guy is playing like it’s 1995. He’s amazing. Seeing that curtain call was chilling and inspiring. You knew it was Cleveland’s game after his 2-run home run.
- Did you know Joe Borowski had more 1-2-3 saves than Mariano Rivera this year (15 to 10).
- If Phil Dawson semi-retarded brother can give the Indians another solid outing tonight, the series is over. Solid outing means 6 innings pitched and less than 4 runs. I don’t see Tim Wakefield’s floating knuckler giving the Tribe that much of a problem.
- Do I really think Paul Byrd has another solid outing in him? I’m not too confident in saying yes. I want to but… oh screw it. He gets the job done.
- If Phil Dawson semi-retarded brother does that, C.C. Sabathia better remember how to pitch by Thursday.
- Of course, the ALCS is all for not. The Colorado Rockies will never lose again. They must have sold their souls to the devil. There is no other explanation for winning 21 of 22 games. When the Rockies when the World Series in a four game sweep, how great will it be to hear them praise someone other than God.
“We couldn’t have done this with out help from below,” said a joyous and emotional Todd Helton. “I want to take this moment to thank the man looking out for us from down below, none other than Satan himself, the Devil.”
- Tonight, 7-4 Indians. Go Tribe!